This course provides guidance information for Database and System Administration personnel responsible for the DB2 production and test Data Bases. The course covers creation, utility support, recovery, monitoring and management of DB2 Databases. Physical Database Implementation and control are the key issues addressed by this course.
DB2 Database and System Administrators who will be designing and managing DB2 Databases
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand The DB2 System and Data Objects
- How to Create the DB2 Data Objects
- DB2 Naming Conventions
- The DB2 System Objects impacted when creating Data Objects
- DB2 Tablespace and Index Space Management
- How to use the DB2 Catalog to monitor your DB2 Databases
- How to Alter your DB2 Data Objects for performance and usability
- How to build and maintain DB2 Databases using the DB2 utilities
- How to prepare for Recovery
- DB2 Database Recovery
- How to use DB2 commands to monitor DB2 databases
Introduction to DB2 & SQL coding basics; MVS JCL, TSO, ISPF, EDIT.