This course will help organizations prepare their applications for the differences associated with migrating DB2 for z/OS to Version 9. It also introduces the attendee to the new administration features of DB2 9 for z/OS. Topics are reinforced with appropriate hands-on workshops.
This course is intended for Database Administrators, DB2 System Programmers and Application Architects that are preparing to implement and support DB2 9 for z/OS.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will:
- Understand the phased approach of the migration
- Be able to determine how applications will react to each phase
- Be equipped to develop a successful migration and test plan
- Understand the new administration features of DB2 9
- Be ready to implement and support these features in applications