This course teaches programmers how to use the RAD development environment to develop Java applications. It provides a basic understanding of the main components of RAD, discusses various RAD capabilities and wizards, explains how to use RAD to debug applications, and describes how to deploy applications to a WebSphere server.
Programmers new to Java/RAD development.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Discuss the structure and uses the Rational Application Developer (RAD)
- Create workspaces and projects using the RAD environment
- Use RAD to create and maintain Java application components
- Use Wizards available in RAD increase programmer productivity
- Utilize the RAD debugger to trace program execution and address problems
- Utilize additional features of RAD such as Searching and Importing
A programming background is preferred