Created in collaboration by several leading J2EE and Struts authors and industry experts, this intensive course will give you the skills to transition existing J2EE and Struts 1.x web applications to the Struts 2.0 framework - leveraging our extensive experience in the delivery of scalable enterprise applications with complex web interfaces based on the new Struts 2.0 paradigms. This course provides core Struts 2.0 knowledge that can be used as the foundation for transition and delivering production-quality web applications.
This an intermediate level Struts training course, designed for J2EE developers that need to further extend their skills in web development and Struts.
This course provides coverage of all the standard components, filters, renderers, converters, and validators, along with advice on how to use them to create solid applications. Working in a hands-on, lab-intensive environment, students will explore and use complex user interface layouts, prototyping, and integrating templates with back-end model objects.
- Understand the problems with vanilla servlets/JSP, and the motivation for the general Struts framework
- Understand MVC and the Struts architecture
- Understand the lessons learned from Struts 1.x and how they influenced Struts 2.0
- Understand the Struts FilterDispatcher, Struts 2.0 views, and resource bundles
- Create & configure applications using Struts 2.0 and the struts.xml file
- Define, implement, and test ActionSupport and Action classes
- Use Struts for form processing
- Handle errors and debug Struts applications
- Utilize the Struts 2.0 XWork validation framework
- Use the value stack to bind objects to a view
- Use the Struts 2.0-related annotations
Attendees should have an extensive working knowledge in developing J2EE applications.