In this HTML5 training class, you'll start by getting your hands dirty and jumping right into HTML5 code. You'll learn about the new HTML5 structural, semantic, and form tags, how to use Canvas to create drawings natively in the browser, how to work with HTML5 audio and video, the new methods for storing variables client-side, and how you build applications that work offline. Along the way, you'll learn about the current state of browser support for HTML5 and the theory behind all the changes that have been made.
Anyone who will be building web pages.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will:
- Learn how to start building HTML5 pages today
- Learn the major benefits of HTML5
- Understand the difference between HTML5 and HTML4
- Become familiar with HTML5's new elements and attributes
- Learn to work with audio and video in HTML5
- Learn to work with HTML5's new Canvas element to create code-based drawings
- Learn to use Web Storage for offline applications
- Learn to use all the cool new HTML5 form elements
- Learn the current state of browser support for HTML5 and how to make your HTML5 sites degrade gracefully
Experience in HTML 4, Basic CSS, Basic Java Script
Experience in JSON, DOM, Ajax would be beneficial