This training course provides experienced programmers with the ability to utilize the structure and syntax of the C Programming Language for commercial and systems programming applications. The student is prepared to design, code, test, and execute C Language programs making use of the facilities provided by the language. The course material, while conforming to the ANSI Standard, can readily be used with pre-ANSI (traditional K&R) C Language compilers.
Technical Users, Applications Programmers, and Systems Programmers.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Discuss the basic structure and syntax of the C Programming Language.
- Describe how an application program interfaces with the operating system.
- Design and code structured C Language programs using all available control structures.
- Compile and execute C Language programs in various operating system environments such as UNIX®, MS-DOS, and MVS.
- Use the storage management capabilities of the C Programming Language.
- Handle input/output processing using the standard C Language Library routines.
- Effectively use arrays, pointers, and structures within a C Language program.
- Use the C Language bitwise operators.
Working knowledge of another Programming Language. Knowledge of an operating system and editor for program creation.