As an organization moves to more project-focused management, it becomes critical that current and future leaders understand the dynamics of project management. In this workshop, we will define project management and other project-related terms, discuss why project management is important to an organization, and explain the critical success factors for projects. We will also discuss project estimating, scheduling, tracking and controlling, project plans and their individual components, all of which enable communication and help keep projects on track.
All Project Managers and functional leads/team members who want a better understanding on the process.
After completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Explain why effective Project Management is important to the organization;
- List the typical phases of a project life cycle;
- List the critical success factors for all projects;
- Understand Work Breakdown Structures;
- Understand inter-task dependencies;
- Explain the different methods of estimating;
- Read the common scheduling charts
(PERT Chart, CPM Diagram, Gantt Chart);
- Explain the various scheduling terms;
- Understand why project tracking is critical; and
- Create and use a Risk Management plan.