This three day course is designed to teach DB2 Professionals the components of DB2 for z/OS data sharing, z/OS, and z/OS Parallel Sysplex and how to plan for the implementation of DB2 data sharing.
This course is intended for DB2 professionals, system programmers, and DBAs, as well as other z/OS support personnel responsible for implementing DB2 data sharing.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand the components of a z/OS parallel sysplex
- Describe the major components of data sharing
- Understand the planning considerations for data sharing
- Describe the detailed mechanics of data sharing
- Understand the unique installation requirements of data sharing
- Know the syntax and usage of data sharing commands
- Understand the enhancements added to data sharing with each new version
- Describe the impact of data sharing on distributed processing
- Understand high level performance considerations
Students should be thoroughly familiar with the DB2 for z/OS mainframe environment, with production experience with DB2 for z/OS version 7 or beyond.