This course introduces students to the PowerBuilder 9 development environment. Each component of the PowerBuilder 9 IDE is covered in the context of using PowerBuilder to develop GUI-based client/server business applications. A series of written and lab exercises will be used to reinforce the classroom education.
This intensive hands-on course is designed for application programmers responsible for the design and implementation of client/server applications using PowerBuilder 9.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Use the System Tree create workspaces and targets.
- Use the Application Painter to create application objects.
- Use the Window Painter to create windows.
- Use the PowerScript language to write scripts to perform required processing.
- Create user functions and user events.
- Use the Menu Painter to design menus and connect them to windows.
- Use the Database Painter to define extended attributes and manage database tables.
- Use the Query Painter to interactively construct and edit SQL statements.
- Use the DataWindow Painter to create Data Windows and select appropriate presentation styles and data sources.
- Design and test PowerBuilder reports.
- Debug PowerBuilder applications.
- Package a PowerBuilder application for distribution.
Basic knowledge of the Windows operating system. Introduction to SQL, or equivalent experience. Experience in a programming language, such as COBOL, PASCAL, or BASIC.