This engaging and interactive course combines lectures, exercises, group discussions, and a case study, to equip participants with the skills necessary to plan, manage, and control outsourced IT projects.
Project Managers seeking to enhance or improve their ability to effectively manage outsourced IT projects.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will:
- Be familiar with the special challenges inherent in managing Outsourced Projects
- Be prepared to: define, plan, and manage Outsourced Projects
- Understand the strategic importance of Requirements in Outsourced Projects
- Understand Use Case Analysis and its role within Requirements Gathering and Documentation
- Understand the value of Iterative and Incremental Construction
- Understand how to manage changes within the development lifecycle
- Be prepared to manage vendor interaction to insure successful delivery
- Understand how to jointly manage Project Closure with external vendors
Previous IT Project Management experience.