Use the Agile Approach to rethink your software development projects. Agile projects are causing quite a stir. People are often confused about the goals and practices of the Agile approaches. Is it something completely new? Is it repackaging the old principles? Is it something radical? Well! Perhaps yes to all three. Can it work in our culture? Yes it can work in almost any culture. Agile by definition has some flexibility and although it may upset the purists, can be adjusted to fit into most tolerance levels.
Agile approaches and the Scrum methodology work best when all stakeholders have some level of understanding of the principles and practices. Project managers, developers and project team members are obvious candidates, but everyone from customers to programmers can benefit from this material. This workshop is for project managers, developers, programmers, testers, system architects sponsors, program managers and customers.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the reasons that Agile approaches and the Scrum methodology are causing so much interest
- Present the values and benefits of Agile and Scrum to other stakeholders
- Be able to show the customer the importance of involvement in an Agile project
- Convert from traditional to Agile practices without losing confidence or control
- Perform all the necessary project management and product development activities in a Scrum environment
- Become an effective Scrum team member
- Effectively manage unknown or changing requirements
- Use the Scrum methodology to the best advantage for the project