The J2EE platform is Java’s answer to enterprise scalable applications. BEA WebLogic is one of the premier Application Servers that implements the J2EE specification. Students will come away from class with the ability to build and configure complete WebLogic domains. The course will cover the details of administrating a J2EE server. This is a hands-on learning experience, with each student having their own WebLogic Server to learn with.
This course is intended for Windows/UNIX administrators who need to administer a WebLogic Server platform.
After successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Install and configure a WebLogic 10 Server
- Describe the J2EE architecture
- Deploy applications on WebLogic
- Use the WebLogic Console effectively
- Install and manage JMS destinations
- Control access and privileges on WebLogic
- Configure WebLogic for JDBC access
- Manage remote servers with the NodeManager
- Design and implement WebLogic clusters
Java programming is not necessary, although it may be helpful.