This course provides application developers with more complex knowledge in developing COBOL programs in a mainframe environment.
Application programmers who want to learn more COBOL.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand the principles and practices of working with files
- Be able to code COBOL programs which utilize files
- Understand and code COBOL programs using SORT/MERGE
- Understand how to work with CICS applications
- Understand how to work with DB2 applications
Students MUST be familiar with z/OS JCL, TSO/ISPF and z/OS Utilities and a programming background is preferred. Students MUST have taken CO1010 course, Introduction to COBOL Programming or have comparable experience.