In this advanced HTML5 training class, you will learn to use many of the new HTML5 APIs, including Geolocation, Web Messaging, Web Workers, Drag-and-Drop, and Server-Sent Events.
Application developers who will be creating web applications.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will:
- Learn to acquire the users location with the geolocation API
- Learn to send messages between web pages and cross-domain with the Web Messaging API
- Learn to speed up slow web pages with Web Workers
- Learn to implement Drag and Drop
- Learn to use Web Applications while offline
- Learn to use the XMLHttpRequest Level 2 to access cross-domain resources
- Understand Web Sockets
- Learn to work with user Server-Sent events to update a web page
Experience in jQuery would also be beneficial