DESCRIPTION (Return to Top)
This course prepares the student to use IMS utilities to generate, monitor and maintain IMS full -function databases.
AUDIENCE (Return to Top)
Database administrators, system programmers and senior application programmers who have responsibility to install, manage, and maintain IMS databases.
OBJECTIVES (Return to Top)
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Generate and maintain IMS full-function databases, secondary indexes and logical relationships
- Use Image Copy to backup IMS databases
- Use Database Tools to monitor space usage, data distribution and performance
TOPICS (Return to Top)
- DBD, PSB and ACB Generation
- HISAM Reorganization Unload/Reload
- HD Reorganization Unload/Reload
- Prefix Resolution/Update
- Image Copy
- Batch Backout
- Change Accumulation
- HALDB Utilities: Migration Aid, Partition Initialization, Index/ILDS Rebuild, PDU ISPF
- Database Tools: Pointer Checker, HD Tuner, HD Physical Sort/Reload
- IMS Log Utilities
PREREQUISITES (Return to Top)
TSO/ISPF, MVS JCL, knowledge of IMS database structures.