This course is designed for DBAs, system programmers, and technical support personnel responsible for designing, implementing, monitoring and tuning Fast Path databases and transactions.
Experienced IMS DBAs and system programmers having responsibility to design, use or support Fast Path and Fast Path databases.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Implement Data Entry Databases
- Evaluate and implement DEDB features, such as MADS, HSSP, VSO and Data Sharing
- Describe the system programming considerations of a Fast Path environment
- Describe application programming considerations for Fast Path databases
- Implement the Expedited Message Handler for message processing
- Identify commands to monitor and control Fast Path resources
- List support tools available for Fast Path databases
Experience designing, using or supporting full function databases.