In this course students will clearly define the various methodologies one can use to tune an Oracle Database. The course covers the various components of an Oracle Database where potential performance bottlenecks could occur and how to monitor and tune them.
Throughout the course, students experience hands-on exercises in tuning a database.
Oracle Database Administrators (DBAs)
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify the potential performance bottlenecks in an Oracle database
- Understand which database parameters are important to performance
- Query various data dictionary and dynamic performance views for performance information
- Use various utilities to help diagnose database performance problems
- Understand and use the database advisors
- Set up an Oracle database for efficient performance
OR5510 Oracle Database Administration or Oracle DBA experience.