DESCRIPTION (Return to Top)
This course introduces students to advanced techniques used to develop fully functional, well performing business applications using PowerBuilder 10.
AUDIENCE (Return to Top)
Application programmers responsible for the design and implementation of client/server applications using PowerBuilder 10.
OBJECTIVES (Return to Top)
Upon successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Create standard reports, including graphs, crosstabs, and multi-group reports.
- Create RichText, nested, and composite style reports.
- Manipulate the properties and behavior of the DataWindow control.
- Access and modify the properties of the DataWindow object.
- Describe the internal organization of the DataWindow buffers.
- Analyze issues involved in managing transactions and concurrency.
- Use DataWindow techniques to access, update, and validate data from the database.
- Create a DataWindow dynamically.
- Create and use DataStores.
- Use DataWindows to generate XML and PDF files.
- Create and use standard, custom, and external user objects.
- Implement advanced elements of the graphical user interface, such as MonthCalendar, Animation, ListView, TreeView, and Tab controls.
- Use drag and drop for direct manipulation within the application.
- Use external functions in PowerBuilder applications.
- Use a variety of techniques to test, debug, and analyze PowerBuilder applications.
TOPICS (Return to Top)
- DataWindow Reporting
- Understanding DataWindow Behavior
- Transaction Management
- Dynamic DataWindow Behavior
- Advanced DataWindow Techniques
- User Objects
- Exception Handling in PowerBuilder
- Advanced GUI Controls
- Using Drag and Drop in Applications
- Supplemental Topics (as time permits)
PREREQUISITES (Return to Top)
Basic PowerBuilder 10 Programming, or an equivalent class. Four to six weeks experience developing PowerBuilder applications. This course teaches sophisticated concepts at an accelerated pace. Students new to PowerBuilder are encouraged to complete the prerequisite course before taking this course.