View Related Video
Programmers, system programmers, system architects and system analysts responsible for putting a CICS/Web application together. There are 5 exercises which will require a little bit of programming; all exercises will be using COBOL program skeletons.
For the past ten years one of the main corporate mandates has been on implementing web services. During the same period the major changes in CICS TS have been the implementing of web service functions, beginning with CICS TS 1.3 and continuing through CICS TS V5. This course will cover how CICS applications can talk to web browsers just as well as they can talk to web servers; with the introduction of web services and SOAP. All in all, CICS TS V5 is now an important player in implementing Service Oriented Architecture in your organization. This course will concentrate on the new facilities implemented through CICS TS V5. We will discuss HTTP 1.1 support, CICS transactions acting as clients in a CICS/Web scenario, XML, SOAP, MTOM, XOP and web services.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the components of a web service
- Deploy web services for requester and provider applications
- Use CICS/HTTP client capabilities to call server programs
- Describe how to integrate your applications in a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Use the Web Services Assistant utilities
- Develop applications which will be sending/receiving chunked or pipelined messages
- Use CICS/API commands to invoke a web service and manage SOAPFAULTS
- Describe the Small Object Access Protocol (SOAP)
- Understand XML basics
- Understand the usage of the URIMAPs, Web Service and PIPELINE definitions
- Describe, define and configure CICS PIPELINEs
- Use CICS facilities to debug programs using this environment
- Understand the usage of Channel Containers to carry information from program to program
A good knowledge of the standard CICS/API and Web technologies basics are required.