Aspiring mainframe developers.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of TSO/ISPF, MVS JCL and MVS Utilities for use by IBM Mainframe personnel.
- Code, compile, and test COBOL programs. They will learn and understand the principles and practices ‘Structured Coding’.
- The student will learn how to effectively design and code applications in an on-line CICS environment, as well as proper error handling techniques.
- Learn Db2 relational concepts and terminology along with coding business problems in Structured Query Language.
- Embed SQL in COBOL programs and COBOL/CICS programs.
- Prepare COBOL programs containing embedded SQL statements for execution in the z/OS batch environment.
- Process multi-row tables with Db2 cursors.