Database Administrators and Application Developers who will be setting up the Stored Procedures environment on the Db2 for z/OS platform as well as calling and/or coding stored procedures in the Db2 z/OS environment.
This 4-day course presents coding and administration requirements for implementing Db2 Stored Procedures on Db2 for z/OS. Both external (COBOL) and native SQL Procedure Language Stored Procedures are covered.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand the Stored Procedures Environment and setup requirements to implement stored procedures
- Code and test Db2 for z/OS Stored Procedures using COBOL
- Code and test a Stored Procedure Calling Program
- Use IBM Data Studio to code an SQL PL Stored Procedure
- Understand the two types of Global Temporary Tables and their use with Stored Procedures
- Understand the major Performance Considerations for Db2 z/OS Stored Procedures
DB1010 Db2 for z/OS SQL & Application Programming.
Working knowledge of COBOL and SQL.