View Related Video
Application Architects, analysts, developers and DBAs involved in the development and support of Db2/SQL applications.
Get ready for a deep dive into Db2 for z/OS Optimization. This course is for the Db2 for z/OS development professional who desires to understand the fundamental issues associated with performance for SQL applications. Emphasis is placed on new considerations for the latest releases of Db2 and the use of IBM Data Studio as an optimization tool. Concepts discussed will be reinforced with appropriate workshops. This class covers optimization features and enhancements through V11. There are many hands on workshops during these 3 days where students are coding, explaining, and analyzing SQL statements. Students will come out of this class much stronger in the SQL language and Db2 optimization. Many times there are 2, 3, 4, 5 different ways to code SQL statements in getting the same result. Which way is best? These are discussed in great detail with Db2 explains to back them up. Of course ‘It Depends’!
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand the different types of access paths and when each are desirable
- Navigate through the features of the IBM Data Studio tool
- Read through a Db2 visual explain
- Understand new statistics available in the latest releases of Db2 and their impact on access path selection
- Learn new optimization techniques available from Db2 9 optimizer (correlating and de-correlating) up through V11
- Use the information provided by IBM Data Studio to improve the performance of Db2 applications
A basic understanding of the SQL language is helpful.