This course is intended for business analysts, end users, programmers and team leads who need to use pureXML to access XML data in a DB2 for z/OS table.
This course introduces the attendee to the PureXML features of DB2 for z/OS versions 8 through 11.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the importance of using XML for storage
- Describe the XML data type and how DB2 for z/OS stores the XML data
- List the advantages of using PureXML over the previous XML implementation
- Explain using the XML “path” type expression to access a portion of an XML document
- Review and discuss sample queries that illustrate SQL/XML capabilities to access XML data
- Build and use SQL/XML queries to access XML data for Select, Insert, Update, and Delete
- Build and use new XQuery features including FLWOR expressions and their join syntax.
Significant experience using SQL is recommended.
The Fundamentals of XML course or previous experience with XML is recommended. The features discussed require DB2 for z/OS.