DB2 Database Administrators who will be designing and managing DB2 Databases.
Starting with a logical data model we guide you through the implementation of a fully functional DB2 production database. During the hands-on workshops you will create basic database objects, use DB2 utilities to populate, manage and recover your objects and perform basic management and monitoring procedures. Physical Database Implementation and control are the key issues addressed by this course. The majority of the content concentrates on the Application DBAs role and responsibilities.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the DB2 System and Data Objects
- Create DB2 Database Objects
- Implement DB2 Naming Conventions
- Identify the DB2 System Objects impacted when creating Data Objects
- Manage DB2 Table Spaces and Index Spaces
- Use the DB2 Catalog to monitor your DB2 Databases
- Alter your DB2 Data Objects for performance and usability
- Populate and maintain DB2 Databases using DB2 utilities
- Prepare your Database for Recovery
- Perform basic Database Recovery
- Use DB2 commands to monitor DB2 databases
Introduction to DB2 & SQL coding basics (DB1000), TSO/ISPF, MVS JCL (MF1010)