View Related Video
DB2 Database and System Administrators who will be managing and recovering DB2 Databases.
Personnel who will be participating in the Recovery of DB2 for z/OS Databases and Applications require a comprehensive understanding of the recovery environment and procedures. Our hands-on workshops detail Unit of Work Recovery, Current and prior point in time recovery, failure analysis, recovering from media failures, as well as building and implementing DB2 Recovery related procedures. During our training exercises we will build and execute online and stand-alone utilities to support the recovery scenarios for their private databases. Both data sharing and non-data sharing recovery considerations are covered.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the DB2 Recovery Environment
- Develop and implement Backup and Recovery procedures
- Analyze failures and identify what type of recovery procedure is appropriate
- Perform media recovery of their database objects
- Perform prior-point-in-time recovery
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the DB2 stand-alone utilities
DB3010 DB2 for z/OS Database Administration or equivalent experience. A basic understanding of DB2 for z/OS utilities is assumed.