Db2 Application and System Database Administrators who will be designing and managing Db2 Databases.
Beyond the base table, Db2 supports the creation and management of a wide variety of special purpose object types that can promote the performance and usability of your base tables. These extended features of Db2 are vitally important to the success of your Database design and implementation. Use of the extended features will directly impact the administration of your database. We cover the Creation, usage and management of these “Extended Features” and complex objects.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand the Extended Features available and make informed choices
- Implement Performance related objects
- Implement Usability related objects
- Create and manage user defined functions and complex data types
- Manage stored procedures
- Create and manage temporal, clone and hash tables
- Update Recovery procedures to include extended table types
- Implement profiles and extended security objects
DB3010 (or equivalent knowledge), DB3011 (or equivalent knowledge)