System Administrators, Systems DBAs and Database Administrators who will be supporting Db2 for z/OS and require a working knowledge of the Db2 deliverables.
This workshop provides a comprehensive introduction to Db2 for z/OS for Db2 Administrators. The course begins with an overview of the environment and helps you understand the various roles that play an integral part of Db2 for z/OS Administration.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand the Db2 for z/OS Environment
- Perform basic Database Administration Functions
- Use Commands and Utilities to manage Db2 Objects
- Code and execute simple SQL Queries
- Deploy and Implement Application Plans and Packages
- Describe the responsibilities of Systems Administration
A working knowledge of TSO/ISPF, MVS JCL (MF1010).