IMS system programmers, DBAs and technical support staff who are responsible for evaluating or implementing N-Way data sharing in an IMS or CICS environment.
Learn what N-Way data sharing is and how IMS, the IMS Resource Lock Manager (IRLM) and the Coupling Facility interact to protect the integrity of your IMS databases. You learn how to implement, use, modify, monitor, restart, recover and tune the N-Way data sharing environment.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain N-Way data sharing and support roles of IMS, the IRLM and the Coupling Facility
- Implement an N-Way data sharing environment using DBRC, the IRLM and the Coupling Facility
- Use IMS and IRLM commands to control the N-Way data sharing environment
- Develop recovery and restart procedures
- Monitor performance and implement improvements
Attendees should have experience with DBRC including implementing Share Control, registering databases, subsystem interaction and database authorization processing.