View Related Video
Developers and DBAs
This fast-paced, hands-on course helps the student identify performance issues and problem areas within their PL/SQL code using various techniques and packages. Some of the topics covered include Profiling and Tracing, Debugging, Tuning and Exception Handling. These topics include details on the PL/SQL Optimizer, Subprogram Inlining, Subprogram Invocations, Bulk Binding, Pipelined Table Functions, Helpful Pragmas and Native Compilation and Execution of PL/SQL code. A number of useful Oracle supplied packages are covered including DBMS_PROFILER, DBMS_TRACE, DBMS_HPROF, DBMS_WARNING and DBMS_PARALLEL_EXECUTE. Oracle versions 11g and 12c are covered.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- How to use the PL/SQL profiling and tracing features to pinpoint problems
- PL/SQL debugging methods
- The benefits of bulk binding and when to use this feature
- Various techniques and methods to improve PL/SQL performance
- Handling all types of program exceptions
- How to use Oracle supplied packages to isolate performance problems
PL/SQL experience with stored procedures, functions and packages along with embedded SQL, explicit cursors, loop structures and basic exception handling.