This intensive hands-on course is designed for application programmers responsible for the design and implementation of client/server applications using PowerBuilder.
If you need to learn all about the PowerBuilder Classic development environment, this is the course for you!
Each component of the PowerBuilder Classic IDE is covered in the context of using PowerBuilder to develop GUI-based client/server business applications.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Use the System Tree to create workspaces and targets
- Use the Application Painter to create application objects
- Use the Window Painter to create windows
- Use the PowerScript language to write scripts to perform required processing
- Create user functions and user events
- Use the DataWindow Painter to create Data Windows and select appropriate presentation styles and data sources
- Use the Query Painter to interactively construct and edit SQL statements
- Use the Database Painter to define extended attributes and manage database tables
- Use the Menu Painter to create traditional and contemporary menus
- Debug PowerBuilder applications
- Package a PowerBuilder application for distribution
- Discuss the alternative deployment types, including pcode, machine code, and .NET WinForm applications
- A series of written and lab exercises will be used to reinforce the classroom education.
- Note: This class can be supported by any version of PowerBuilder.
Basic knowledge of the Windows operating system. Introduction to SQL, or equivalent experience. Experience in a programming language, such as COBOL, Visual Basic, C++, or Java.