This course is intended for IT professionals and developers who need to use portal features found in Microsoft Office SharePoint Server’s Standard and Enterprise versions.
In this course, you’ll learn about the portal features found in Microsoft Office SharePoint Server’s Standard and Enterprise versions, MOSS. After completing this course, you’ll have a good understanding of the standard MOSS collaboration portal features including collaboration portals, user profiles, search, and information management policies, as well as the enterprise features including business data catalog, InfoPath forms services and Excel Services.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Use the collaboration portal site template as a starting point for custom portals
- Leverage user profiles to promote social networking in an enterprise
- Access and use data in external line of business databases and services
- Use InfoPath Forms Services and Form Libraries to collect and manage information
- Develop with Excel Services and create reporting dashboards
- Create custom search sites and optimize search user interfaces
- Use the search API’s to define content sources and scopes
- Use the search API’s to perform search queries
- Use and customize Information Management Policies and Records repositories to implement document management solutions
This course stands on its own, but focuses solely on MOSS. It is not required, but to get the most out of this class, students should already have an understanding of developing with Windows SharePoint Services using Visual Studio and the core Microsoft SharePoint Server Web Content Management features.