Application developers, technical support, and system programmers with the desire and need to understand what it may take to successfully implement Enterprise COBOL V6.
So you are facing the task of migrating from Enterprise COBOL V4 to V6 (or V5). Then this course is for you. In a jam packed two days we will cover key topics, concerns, and procedures needed to complete the COBOL migration. Many of the topics covered will include short workshops to help enforce the material presented.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand the new and enhanced compiler options
- Understand the new features added by Enterprise COBOL V5 and V6
- Understand the relationship between COBOL V6 and the z Systems architecture
- Understand the effects of compile time optimization
- Understand the effort necessary to migrate from versions of COBOL prior to Enterprise COBOL V5
Students having familiarity with z/OS JCL, TSO/ISPF, SDSF, plus some COBOL programming background is preferred.