View Related Video
CICS system programmers and technical support specialists. Experienced application programmers could also benefit from this class providing they are receptive to the idea of having to understand CICS internal structure. We will provide the dumps. The client is also encouraged to supply some of its own dumps for analysis in the classroom.
A discussion of the various types of outages that affect CICS/TS’ normal execution and the tools available to resolve them. This will provide the participant with the debugging skills that are necessary to perform very efficient problem solving. The course material is current as of CICS TS V5.2.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe CICS Architecture and its major components
- Name the major control blocks used by CICS
- Understand the way a CICS transaction executes in a CICS environment
- Understand the Domain environment and describe the major components
- Understand CICS message processing and how this can be used to control the dump environment in CICS
- Use IPCS as a tool to effectively read CICS dumps and find the cause of a problem
- Analyze the various reports provided by the DFHPDxxx verb exit routine
- Understand CICS traces and use them as part of your debugging exercise
Technical programming or CICS system programming.