This course is directed toward application developers in a technical support role in a z/OS environment.
Teaches the fundamentals of TSO/ISPF, z/OS JCL and z/OS Utilities for use by IBM Mainframe personnel.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Logon/Logoff a TSO/ISPF session
- Use Browse, Edit, Utilities, IOF or SDSF
- Allocate sequential and partitioned data sets
- Use the Edit (Option 2) primary and line commands
- Use the KEYS function to tailor session PFKeys
- Learn methods of copying and moving data members and data sets within ISPF
- Learn Data and data set types, basic syntax of the JOB, EXEC and DD statements, debug basic JCL errors using either IOF or SDSF, allocate permanent and temporary data sets, conditionally execute JOB steps, write in-stream procedures, catalog procedures, pass parameters to programs via JCL, code JCL to pass data generated to subsequent step(s).
- Code JCL to execute SORT, IDCAMS, and create a Generation Data Group (GDG).
- Write JCL to Compile and Linkedit a COBOL batch program.
Students should have basic key-boarding skills.