Application programmers responsible for developing and maintaining AFP print applications in the MVS and z/OS environment.
This course provides training in the use of Advanced Function Presentation and Printing (AFP). Concepts, AFP products, and printers will be explained. Hands-on exercises will accelerate the student’s proficiency for developing AFP software. Upon completion, the student will be able to develop and maintain AFP applications using GML, SCRIPT/VS, PMF, PPFA and OGL.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand the AFP environment
- Create AFP documents using Generalized Markup Language (GML) and SCRIPT
- Alter page segments using the Print Management Facility (PM F)
- Define form definitions and page definitions using the Page Printer Formatting Aid (PPFA)
- Create overlays using the Overlay Generation Language (OGL)
- Use control records (IMM and IDM) within a program or file
- Code appropriate JCL, TSO or CMS commands to utilize AFP
- Use the AFP Viewer to browse
- AFP objects before printing
Participants should have a basic understanding of the mainframe, along with TSO/ISPF and JCL ability.