This class is designed for students new to Python, or for students who have some exposure and need to expand their understanding.
In this Python training course, students learn to program in Python. The course is aimed at students new to the language who may or may not have experience with other programming languages. The course was written using Python 3.8, but is relevant for all students using Python 3.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Learn how Python works and what it's good for
- Understand Python's place in the world of programming languages
- Learn to work with and manipulate strings in Python
- Learn to perform math operations with Python
- Learn to work with Python sequences: lists, arrays, dictionaries, and sets
- Learn to collect user input and output results
- Learn flow control processing in Python
- Learn to write to and read from files using Python
- Learn to write functions in Python
- Learn to handle exceptions in Python
- Learn to work with dates and times in Python
Basic computer skills and familiarity with basic programming concepts like variables, loops, and functions.