This course is designed for new project managers who want to sit for the CAPM exam or for seasoned project managers who want to sit for the PMP exam.
The five day version of the class includes three days of review of PM basics by process group followed by the two day study by Knowledge Area. It counts as the 35 hours of formal education required to apply for the PMP exam and the 23 hours required for the CAPM exam.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe and use the inputs, tools and techniques and outputs of PMI’s 47 processes
- List the processes in each of the five PMI project management process groups
- List the processes in each of the ten PMI Knowledge Areas
- Apply a variety of formulas to the appropriate PM situations
- Understand and apply test taking techniques in in-class practice tests.
Familiarity with project management basics and with PMI’s PMBOK Guide.