Application programmers, system programmers, technical support, and testers.
This course will also introduce students to the skills necessary to use File Manager for Db2 (FM/Db2).
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Navigate FM/Db2 panels.
- Edit, find, change, and delete Db2 data.
- List, create and drop Db2 objects such as databases, tables, and views.
- Import and export Db2 tables and data from and to VSAM or sequential data sets.
- Use FM/Db2 to generate JCL to run Db2 online utilities.
- Create data to populate Db2 tables.
- Copy table data within Db2.
- Set processing options for FM/Db2.
TSO/ISPF, or equivalent experience. Working knowledge of basic Db2 concepts. Working knowledge of COBOL or PL/I programming techniques is helpful, but not required.